Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Real Talk: Alcohol Fuels my Creativity!

So here I sit in front of my computer trying to pound out this blog entry. And as smoothly as I want it to come oozing out of my brain with perfection, I seem to have gotten a small bout of writers block. Now I’m no stranger to writers block because all of my “Guys I’d Fuck” posts from my Sex Blog are written because I haven’t the slightest thing better to discuss, so I’d add those posts as mindless fillers. I didn't want to do that this time; I actually wanted something thought provoking to say, so here it is.

Alcohol fuels my creativity!!







I started drinking heavily again, and heavy to me is devouring a large bottle of Moscato wine in less than an hour. I stopped drinking for a time because I started to develop a dependency. But the fortunate thing is that when I pick up bad habits such as dependencies on marijuana and alcohol, the Gods and Goddesses will bless me with terrible aches and pains and rapid weight gain, which forces me to stop. As self destructive as I can be sometimes, the Gods look after me.


But this is where it gets complicated because all of my best writing and thinking is done when I’m either drunk or tipsy, and I start to notice the difference in my writing flow when I haven’t had a drink because my writing isn't as fluid. I’m drinking right now, and as I get tipsier, the words start to flow a little easier.


Some of my most favorite writers, artists and intellectuals were alcoholics such as Edgar Allen Poe, Frida Kahlo, Nina Simone, Ernest Hemingway, and Truman Capote, but I guess I shouldn't brag about that because they all died fucked up and in bad physical and mental health.

In the end, limitation and moderation is the key to enjoying such vices without letting them get the best of you. Hopefully my hangover in the morning will be painful enough to make me take yet another short break from drinking.


We’ll see!


Ahhh, I Absolutely LOVE that picture below..

No comments:

Post a Comment