Sunday, April 20, 2014

Food Wine and Urban Living





Sometimes I wished I lived somewhere else besides St. Louis because when it comes to food and places to dine, St. Louis sucks. Don’t get me wrong, if you love Bar & Grills, Buffets, Chinese food, and hood BBQ joints; St. Louis is the place to live. But if you’re looking for something different, inexpensive, unique, and delicious; well you better cook it at home. And if you live in a predominately black area like I do; White Castle, Popeye's, KFC, Chop Suey, and tripe joints practically raised you.

I remember visiting places like Chicago and San Francisco and thinking, OMG this place is heaven for food lovers. Even the small corner diners in San Fan were fabulous like “The Bashful Bull”, where I had the most awesome grilled cheese sandwich topped with pineapple, avocado, and tomato. Or something as simple as a street vendor selling hot dogs wrapped in bacon with sauteed onions and peppers.
God kill me if I eat another piece of BBQ, fried rice, and fried chicken, I just can’t do it anymore.....

I need something different, organic, fresh, and healthier that taste good, but I don’t want to travel far from my own community, or go broke to get it. But I guess like anything else, you got to work a little harder to get the better quality stuff, and food is no exception.

That’s why I've created this blog specifically for the healthy dining experience. It’s not going to be your average food and restaurant blog, no sir. It’s going to infuse my love of good food and wine; and also an extension of my Weight loss blog.


Typical Fat girl stuff.....

No comments:

Post a Comment