Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone!

Let me first introduce myself and say that I'm already starting off on the WRONG foot this Easter morning. As I sit here pounding out my first blog post for "Happy In Sneakers", I'm sipping on St. James Red Velvet Wine at 9:00am on a Sunday morning......... who does that? ME!

I haven't quite got this weight loss thing down to a Science yet, but I am aware of the things that work for my body.  Last year I discovered that I have type II Diabetes, and was given a prescription for Metformin and Glipizide which I resisted taking like a Fat kid to a Gym.  No wonder my blood sugar runs 350-400.  I never felt the side effects of my Diabetes and High Blood Sugar until late February of this YEAR. Dizziness, lightheaded, skin feeling tight, and blurred vision caused me to start taking the medications like instructed.

Well, something glorious happened!  After I started taking the medication, a few pounds began to fall off.  Maybe it's the affect of the Metformin, I'm not sure, but I'm loving it.  As of lately I started walking to help aid my weight loss, and like magic, I lost a few more pounds (10 to be exact).




I'm now 196 and more motivated than ever.

I'm not quite motivated to go and buy a Gym Membership, BUT I am motivated to get up Monday-Saturday at 5am to do a brisk walk.


That's a start, and I'm happy with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment